Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I'm a fellow expert here on JA and I keep running into a…

Customer Question
I'm a fellow expert here...
I'm a fellow expert here on JA and I keep running into a very annoying issue. I'll be typing a response and suddenly for no apparent reason the page will reload and I'll lose what I've been typing. It seems Windows has embedded so many shortcuts that a random wrong move makes something completely unwanted happen. I have an Asus UX305L that's a couple years old running Win 10. This happens in Chrome. Any idea what's going on and how I can stop this time consuming annoyance?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/27/2017
Laptop technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The issue is likely with your touchpad on your laptop.

You don't realize it but your wrists are hovering over it and likely you are moving the mousepad that is signaling it to refresh the page or go back, etc.

There is a program called Touchfreeze here: http://touchfreeze.net/

Download and install the program. It will run the in the background and freeze the mouse from working while you type which should stop that issue.

Try it out and let me know how it goes

Any idea what motion causes a refresh?

Unfortunately, no but it could be not even a specific motion but the cursor is moving up on the page without you realizing it and it is touching the refresh option.

Try the software and if it fixes the issue then it was your wrist/hand.

Ok, I'll check it out. Since this is a random event It may take a while to see if your fix does the trick. Get back to me in a week if you don't hear back from me before then. I don't see the rating option enabled. Worst case I won't rate. If it works I'll give you 5 stars. So enable the rating and maybe you won't even have to answer another question.

Sure; it is active now.

Let me know how it goes

No good, didn't work. Please notify customer service I want a refund

********* ***********