Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

LAPTOP POWER CORD QUESTION: A 2-year old laptop power cord…

Customer Question
LAPTOP POWER CORD QUESTION: A...
LAPTOP POWER CORD QUESTION: A 2-year old laptop power cord with AC adapter can power on the laptop but it does no longer recharges the laptop's battery. The adapter's power light indicator does turn on when that power cord with adapter is plugged into an AC outlet. A NEW laptop power cord with AC adapter can both power the laptop AND recharge the laptop's battery so there is not an issue with the laptop battery or settings. So what most likely is wrong with the 2-year old laptop power cord with AC adapter? Might that adapter be burnt out? Or could there be a problem with the cables or connector plug between the AC outlet and the laptop?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/26/2017
Laptop technician: Sandy, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

Please do the following:

Turn off the laptop.

Disconnect the power cord.
Now unplug the battery. You can turn it over to remove the battery.
Now connect only old power cord and try to turn on the laptop.

Does it turn On and works fine or not?

Just let me know once.

Please tell me about its outcome.

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going.

Do you still need help with this?

If yes, please let me know.

And kindly if you can take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by clicking stars at the top of the page and choose submit) to compensate me for my work, work and efforts, that would be greatly appreciated