Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 laptop got the #Code

Customer Question
My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120...

My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 laptop got the #Code 0xc0000001 sent for the for the recovery disk got it in a flash drive. The first time I booted the laptop it when to the recovery screen I choose the recover like it came out of the box option and hit continue told me the hard drive would be formatted choose ok. Screen went gray and stayed that way for more then 6 hours. Just powered it off, now I can no longer even get the recover page to come back up. The flash drive that was sent is Toshiba; AMA40119701M SFF757831

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Satellite?

8.1

Technician's Assistant: Does your Satellite make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

I don't here any noise but the lights are on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/24/2017
Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago
Damian Costa

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

How old is the laptop and what was the original problem that prompted you to order a recovery flash drive?

I would guess around three years old. It went to a blue screen with the error
Code 0xc0000001
I doubt that would not be possable since it will not even reboot.
Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

Please disregard the auto pop…it’s from the company (not me)

Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

When did that blue screen issue start happening?

few months ago its my daughter's laptop I just got it and just got the recovery flash drive.
Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

I run a computer store

...and most likely those symptoms are unfortunately (hard drive failure, motherboard, or ram)...in that order

NOT a software issue that is going to be resolved by reloading

If I got a new hard drive would the recovery flash drive work to install the operating system.
Is there anyway to tell if any of the following are bad hard drive, motherboard, or ram
Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

I could if it were in my store...YES

But like this it would be more complicated (I could walk you through it over the phone...but you would have to play tech for a day with my help...and more money of course)

OR

Bring it to your nearest trusted computer shop for a diagnostic

Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

Either way I am there for you...let me know which way you want to go

Thanks
Laptop technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 6 months ago

If you appreciate my help today…please rate me 5 stars!!!