Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Acer Chromebook 14 that is not very old. It is

Customer Question
I have a Acer...

I have a Acer Chromebook 14 that is not very old. It is plugged in and getting electricity with the blue lights on but when I open it up all I get is a black screen. Can this be fixed or is it a lost cause.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know if this is the model number or not but it is SNID65002295972 and the Mfg I

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This started today when I turned it on. It was okay last night. I don't know anything about troubleshooting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/21/2017
Laptop technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 8 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please confirm if the Computer is getting charged from direct AC power or a Surge Protector?

Thanks,

Kumar

the computer is plugged into a regular outlet for electricity.

Okay. Thanks. If I understand correctly, there wont be a Battery Compartment which can be removed. Can you please remove AC power from the laptop. Once done, can you please press and HOLD the power button for 60 seconds.