Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I just got a Nextbook Ares 11A gen 2 android laptop and I…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a Nextbook Ares 11A gen 2 android laptop and I want to root it but using the Kingroot doesn't work. Can you help? thx

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a Nextbook Ares 11A gen2 [NX16A11264 firmware running Android 5.1.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried various apps from google play store but none of them successfully root. there was a note that said my device was 1/2 rooted. not sure what that means.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Laptop
http://www.nextbookusa.com/productdetail/Nextbook-Ares-11A-Gen2/
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Laptop technician: Kris R, IT Manager replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I just purchased it and want to root to customize it however, after I make sure unknown sources is enabled and the developer menu appears because I tapped on the model number 7 times I still can't root.

Do you have the serial number please?

SERIAL NUMBER:YFGV0916000713KERNEL VERSION:3.14.37-x86_64-L1-R517BUILD NUMBER:V1.1.9.KMY47I.20160803.154546ANDROID VERSION: 5.1ANDROID SECURITY PATCH LEVEL: 2015-11-01IFWI VERSION:M1106.V020MODEL NUMBER: NX16A11264

What code does kingroot return?

Going to opt out of this one as I lost for ideas.

You will be emailed when another expert picks this up.

Thanks

Kris

Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
According to the screenshot, you haven't finished the Stage 1 - to install a Superuser app. Found any listed app to install?
SuperSU was installed.
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 7 months ago
Okay. Do you mean you have installed SuperSU but the checklist page still shows Stage 1 isn't finished due to a Superuser app is not detected?
if yes, what to do to fix?
Please check if the below link refers to the same issue you have. If yes, try following the instruction and steps there. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.
https://www.androidgadgematic.com/2012/08/how-to-fix-superuser-installed-no-root.html

Any update please? Did it make sense? Thanks.

the post is over 5 years old and it is one of the most risky procedures to attempt. How 'bout something more current? My 2-in-1 tablet was manufactured in 2016.
Sorry for reply late. I also needed to research on it as it is not something I had before for rooting an Android device.Why did you get your version of SuperSU? It is highly recommended to use the version available on Google Play though I am not sure if the official version is suitable for your specific device.
I will rate your service when I have had success to something that works to root my device.
FYI I updated the firmware from Android 5.1 to 6.0.1= snappy!
Cool, do you see the same error message while running the same supprsu and using the same root checker?
I have tried everything you people have suggested and to date no successful resolution has been achieved

Okay, I opt out and let more experts step in to help.