Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I replaced the cooling fan and now it will not power up. HP…

Customer Question
I replaced the cooling...

I replaced the cooling fan and now it will not power up.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Pavillion g6 with Windows 10 I think.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The cooling fan quit working. I took the laptop apart and replaced the cooling fan. When I put everything back together it powered up, but was not charging. I took it apart again to make sure I had everything connected properly, then put it back together and now it does not power up at all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/21/2017
Laptop technician: Kris R, IT Manager replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I just replaced the fan yesterday. When I put everything back together the first time it powered up and everything worked fine except it was not charging. After I opened it up again, took it apart in the same manner, then put it back together, and now it does not power up.
There is not way to remotely connect to the laptop in question since it does not power up.

Can you give me the serial number of it please?