Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

It keeps saying reboot and select proper boot device or

insert boot media in selected...
It keeps saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Toshiba satellite C55D-B5310
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About two or three years ago
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried rebooting the computer several times. Bought a new battery and removed the hard drive. It still won't go to the log in page
11/21/2017
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please remove the power cable to it and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then starts correctly.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No, it reads rtc battery is low press enter to set date/time. It's the same message I've been getting.

Ok, set it again now we did these steps and tell me what then happens please

Richard, Laptop Specialist

Please provide me your phone number so I can call you

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Do the same steps we did earlier?

Richard, Laptop Specialist