Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

It keeps saying reboot and select proper boot device or

It keeps saying reboot...

It keeps saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Toshiba satellite C55D-B5310

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About two or three years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried rebooting the computer several times. Bought a new battery and removed the hard drive. It still won't go to the log in page

11/21/2017
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please remove the power cable to it and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then starts correctly.

Thank you

No, it reads rtc battery is low press enter to set date/time. It's the same message I've been getting.

Ok, set it again now we did these steps and tell me what then happens please

Richard, Laptop Specialist

Please provide me your phone number so I can call you

Do the same steps we did earlier?