Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

On Surface Book, pen fails intermittently. More frequently…

On Surface Book, pen...

On Surface Book, pen fails intermittently. More frequently now. Fails for day or 2 sometimes. Touch scrolling still works but not zoon in & out. tried shutting down & restarting.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Surface notebook Intel (r) processor 64-bit operating system Windows 1o

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. automatic. also checked updates on pen driver & all current.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2017
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Have you reset the pen/stylus settings or did you calibrate the pen under Control Panel?
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
34;pen & touch" in Control Panel does not include "reset" or "calibrate" and settings are Ok. Someone else in my office has the Surface and has same issue with pen going dead. To clarify: on the screen, the scroll function still works. The pen and the zoom in and out do not function with touch. Does the pen operate with Bluetooth or just touch (pen to screen). Just wondering if other surrounding Bluetooth device signals are interfering, similar to WiFi signals.Other questions:For big data files, "Print to OneNote" (or opening existing pages in a section is VERY slow and often crashes. Do not lose data but have to either wait or restar the laptop. Processor issue? Will Surface 2 solve this apparent processing speed issue? Our office is considering going to Surface Book entirely but need to get these issues resolved. Surface functionality is fantastic, when it works.Also, how do I password ***** OneNote?
is(###) ###-#### available until 8 AM EST 11.19.2017 or after 1 PM. 11.19.2017

Hello, just accepted your remote assistance request. Is it currently 8.25 AM your time in EST? If so, let's try after 1 PM your time. Thanks.

Perfect. Please call the above number at 1:30 EST or thereabouts at the above #. If no answer, alternative # is(###) ###-#### Or give me a # and I will call. Thank you.
13:30 EST is 05:30 am my time, looks a bit difficult for me to get up at that time, hehe. Is it possible or convenient for you to kindly change it some time around 5.30 PM your time? Thanks.