Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a surface and every time i try to do something the…

I have a surface...

I have a surface and every time i try to do something the screen goes blank. I need push the power button for the screen to come up and it checks to see if it is me. the surface is totally useless I assume a setting is wrong or something?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Microsoft Surface pro, model 1796

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Microsoft, windows operating system

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am not sure of the exact date, about 3 months ago. I have tried no troubleshooting. anything I try and the wind goes blank

11/19/2017
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Have you first checked the power settings to make sure it is caused by sleep mode?
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User