Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

After my hp g72 cs5dx notebook pc powered down due to

Customer Question
Hello... after my hp...

Hello... after my hp g72 cs5dx notebook pc powered down due to overheat, i am unable to sign back in. message says 'we cant sign in to your account'. tried many times with both my normal password ***** what i think is my msid password. keep getting same message

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Im guessing about 4yrs. old // i thuoght the model is what i said above // running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Over the past year, it overheated a few times and all i did was let it cool and go thru a restart. this time it isnt letting me back in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/18/2017
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Did you need to sign in any account after booting up the computer before the overheat incident? Whatever it wa a local user or a Microsoft account?BTW, what is the version of Windows running in the laptop?
It's on Windows 10. It would boot up to a picture of some kind of ice bridge and wait for me to enter my local user password
Then it should be a Windows password. As far you know, how many users are there on the system? You should be able to see all available users at the lower-left corner of the log on screen.
I tried to get in using both the user password ***** the ms password...
I Get the same result.. 'we cant sign in to your account'. Now What???

Just double check, are you seeing a logon screen like this?

but mine usually has a picture of an ice bridge and has my name instead of saying 'other user'

Again, are you able to see other users listed at the lower-left corner of your logon screen?

for some reason it has 2 entries there.
The top one is my name followed by my email address and the bottom one is just my name without the email address.
It has been that way for years (I don't know why). I have always been able to use the top one, the bottom one has never worked.
The one with an email address is for your Microsoft account, you need to that email address' password ***** log on. The one with no email address is for a local account, which needs a local password ***** Please try individually, using the right password.
I Have tried every possible combination of Id and password... no success.
Okay let's move on the recovery approach. Do you still need the data in the computer?
Absolutely
Okay then a hacking approach is required instead of resetting the PC. Just a moment.
Please follow the steps shown in this video to get rid of the admin password.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sBd23RqViA0
Tried? Do you have a bootable DVD or USB stick of Windows 10?
Sorry, I haven't a clue what the video is talking about... And no I don't have a copy of bootable DVD or USB stick of Windows 10?
This video:https://youtube.com/watch?v=sBd23RqViA0You may DIY to create your Windows 10 bootable on a 8GB USB stick drive. To start it from below link.https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISOMake sure to choose right edition and version from the options there.
Trying to get to that site on my Asus mini laptop... Keeps coming up page cannot be found. Tried both chrome and edge browser's.
Really? Just tested again from my side and that Microsoft link worked well.
Is your mini laptop able to access other sites?
Mini getting anywhere I want.
I now have 3 new issues:
My phone battery is almost done.
My mini battery is almost done.
My brain is getting soft and mushy.
I think we should stop for tonight.
I'm hoping I can resume this chat tomorrow. Thanks
Okay take your time, have a good rest. Talk to you later.
bbao
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User