Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have been off of my computer for a while as a result of…

Customer Question
I have been off...

I have been off of my computer for a while as a result of shoulder surgery. My password ***** has disappeared and I can’t get onto my laptop without a password. HELP please

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I think it is an 8.1. The seriel# ***** ***** XD289292Q

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No to updates and I have not used any trouble shooters . I can not get into my laptop without a password, to do anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I would not know what else to ask, besides, is this going to cost me anything? If it does, I am not in a position to pay.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/17/2017
Laptop technician: Karthik, Computer Technician replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me how you use to login to the computer? Is it through the login or with the username/password? The reason why I am asking is we can try to reset the password *****

The laptop is a Toshiba 8.1. When I sign onto this laptop, it asks for my password, in order to get into my apps. When I contacted Toshiba they told me they reset passwords on laptops automatically every six months. They wanted me to pay $159.95 for a one year repair contract, and $199.95 for a two year contract.
Is this in addition to the $39.00 I paid before we were connected

I am sorry for the delay. We will help you in resetting the password ***** the remote service which you are looking for will be costing you additional charges of $39. Before we provide could you please tell me whether you're unable to login to the computer or you are able to login to the computer but you're unable to download the app?