Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

On my HP 2000-329WM laptop the Wi-Fi is disabled. Cannot…

On my HP 2000-329WM laptop...
On my HP 2000-329WM laptop the Wi-Fi is disabled. Cannot load the drivers in device manager. Can you help.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2017
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the operating system on your computer is that Win 10?

Windows 7 home

Okay,did you try to update the drivers for your WiFi adpater?

I tried to update the driver, but the wireless device was not present in the device manager.

Can I take a remote of your computer and check with the problem?

I prefer not to pay the additional cost since I am already paying for a subscription with JustAnswer.

Alright.Because I would be able to see what is the exact problem going on your computer.

Not to worry.Let me provide you instructions please hold.

Please go the network and sharing center> on the left hand side you will see change adapter options.

Let me know if you see that.

one icon call broadband connection and another icon called local area connection.

DO you see anything called Wi-Fi or wireless network connection?

NO

I believe you might have tried restarting the computer right?

several times
I will have to leave my office. something came up but will check my email for your response tomorrow morning.

Then I'm afraid you may have to either reinstall the Wi-Fi adapter through a local technician.

Or you can get an external Wi-Fi adapter which would be starting from like 7 or 9 dollars.

You can check with that from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/ANEWKODI-600Mbps-150Mbps-433Mbps-Wireless/dp/B01G8IPLD8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1507922081&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=wifi+adapter&psc=1

I found this one as the best seller which would support dual bands and will be compatible with your OS as well as Win 10.

Please check this out and let me know if you have any questions.

Happy work!

And you can also rate the experience above if you are satisfied with my responses.

What do you mean reinstall the Wi-Fi adapter through a local technician? Are you referring to reinstall the drivers for the Wi-Fi adapter, which is what I have already tried to do?
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Technician

Hello, My name is*****'m reviewing the issue and conversation. I think the previous technician suggested you to check with Local technician, because the wifi adapter look like it is stop functioning. Either it might be the reason, wifi got disabled. So if you are checking with the Local technician, They might be change the wifi hardware inside the computer (or) You can get the external wifi adapter from online, so you can simply connect the external wifi in the computer and you can use it.

Thanks. I will try either one of your suggestions.

I really appreciate that. Thank you for trying.

Karthik
Karthik, Computer Technician
Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Technician