Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Dell latitude E6420 laptop camera just turns on even though

Customer Question
User not accessing any app.How...
Dell latitude E6420 laptop camera just turns on even though User not accessing any app.How can I ensure this doesn’t happen with the camera?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
10/12/2017
Laptop technician: GeekGal, Laptop Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. There are several things which could cause this to happen. It is possible that an update from either Dell or Windows was being applied in the background when the camera comes on. However, if it is happening frequently, you could have a virus, malware, or spyware on your computer. Please let me know what Operating System you have on your computer.

If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

When I have that information I can provide detailed instructions for thoroughly scanning and cleaning your computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi.Its Windows 10 professional
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi can I have another expert look into this please? I haven’t had a reply for over 24 hours!

I am terribly sorry. I took several days off. I will opt out and reopen the question. You will be notified as soon as another expert picks it up.

Laptop technician: arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast

My name is ***** ***** of the experts in computer category.

I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your next active expert.

Let me know when you are ready

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Fiyaz sure.Pls advise

Are you still there

Laptop technician: arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast replied 29 days ago

May i know how you found out that the camera is on? Is the camera indicator light on?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the camera indicator light is on

Disable all the startup programs and 3rd party services.

Check whether the problem persist after restarting the computer.

If you need help with disabling the startup programs and 3rd party services, let me know.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks.Need help with disabling startup programs and 3rd party services

Open up task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del Keys.

Click on the startup tab and disable all the programs.

Now press Win+R key so that you will get the run box.

Type in msconfig and press enter.

Go to the services tab and select the option which says Hide all Microsoft Services.

Now you will see all the 3rd party drivers listed.

Disable all of them.

Then restart and check the camera.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thanks will have access and check on Monday
Laptop technician: arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast replied 27 days ago

Okay

arsufi2002
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast