Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Lenovo Yoga 370 laptop fan is noisy. How can I solve this…

Lenovo Yoga 370 laptop fan...
Lenovo Yoga 370 laptop fan is noisy.
How can I solve this noisy fan issue for brand new laptop with all updates including bios?
10/10/2017
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The fan problem is probably not solvable by software, but by other means, or perhaps by only using the laptop in a certain environment ( a cool environment or surroundings.) But, tell me so that I may advise you better, what noise is the fan making, please?

Hi Russel. The laptop is being used at 24 degrees centigrade. The fan louveres are at bottom of laptop.Is that causing the block and sound when it’s placed on a flat table
https://www3.lenovo.com/sg/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-yoga-series/Yoga-370/p/22TP2TXY370

Propping the laptop up off the table a bit, at the back particularly, might help a little. Putting the laptop flat against a surface could increase the fan noise a little.

But, is the fan noisy even when the laptop is lifted up away from the table? then you may simply have a noisy fan, in a new laptop, that is likely to fail soon - and fan failure is dangerous to the lifetime and continued operation of a laptop, which nowadays will 'burn out' - or shut off protectively in the middle of work! - when the fan fails.

I would advise you, if the fan is noisy even when the laptop is lifted up away from the table, to (first erase your own data and account passwords from off the laptop, then) return the laptop as defective to the seller or vendor - notifying them by phone or email first! to make it official and within their return-exchange time period - and get another Lenovo of the same make or of similar value and capabilities, in exchange for this one with the noisy fan.

Does this answer your question?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist