Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Surface 3 tablet. When I press the camera icon it…

Customer Question
I have a Surface...

I have a Surface 3 tablet. When I press the camera icon it comes up with an error code: 0xA00F42240(0x80070057) and won't work.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?

Surface 3 tablet

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I think a automated update was installed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/4/2017
Laptop technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I'm Kumar and I'll try to resolve your issue.

It does seem that there are a few registry errors in your system. Will it be possible for you to share a Remote Assistance Request so that I can check the errors and fix them.

Thanks,

Kumar

Sorry, due to security issues, cannot do that. Please tell me your proposed solution.

Okay. There are few free softwares which can allow you fix broken Registry. Please try using CCleaner, link below. Download the free version and get back to me once you have installed the same so that I can provide further details.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Thanks,

Kumar