Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I did not use my surface laptop for a time and when I turned…

Customer Question
I did not use...

I did not use my surface laptop for a long time and when I turned it on while away from home, it said that I needed a misrosoft account to use it. What is this and why did I spend the $ to get an expensive laptop to be help hostage by Microsoft?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

SURFACE LAPTOP and since it is not charged I can not get any more info

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I turned it on while on the road and it said I could not connect to anything unless I had a misrosoft account\

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Laptop
9/28/2017
Laptop technician: Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your Surface laptop have Windows 7, 8, 10?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Is there internet service at your current location?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Was it working fine previously?

What's the exact error or message currently showing on your Surface laptop's screen?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.