John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I do installing, configuring and troubleshooting of both normal and high-end laptops.
50152684

Ho do I test my built in webcam to make sure it is working?

Ho do I test my built in webcam to make sure it is working? I just want to turn it on to check the background view before a web conference. Acer Aspire using windows 7.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Could you please let me know the full model of the laptop so that i can check the software available for checking the camera also are you using skype to do web conference ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The webcam is working correctly. All I'm asking is how to turn it on to check what will be viewed in a web conference. I don'e want to log into skype or any other service right now. I just want to turn on the camera.

OK usually when you open/join the web conference it will ask you whether you want to enable the camera or it will show a camera symbol to click so that you can enable it.

Do you know which web application you are going to use for conference ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Again, I want to turn the camera on now, not when I enter the web conference. The web application isn't at issue. I just want to turn my camera on so I can see what the people on the conference will see behind me.

The camera is enabled automatically by the application,only few old models have the option to enable it manually.If you let me know the full model of the Acer laptop i can check whether the camera is enabled automatically when the software is running/open or is there any key to enable it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Acer Aspire 7551 series model # M52310

Thank you.Please give me a moment to check it.

There is not specific keys to enable the web cam which means it will be automatically enabled when you open the application.Could you please check in the all programs list in start menu and see if there is a camera application listed under Acer.

Its called Webcam Application.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see one. So how do you adjust your camera when you're setting up a video if you can't even turn the camera on?

Please use this link and see if it detects the webcam : - https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ To clarify you are trying to use the camera on the laptop am i correct ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that site detected the camera and alloed me to do what I needed to do. Thanks

Glad to know that.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,