Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Model Inspiron 5547
9/20/2017
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out.

I have checked the pics that you have sent and after having a closer look it seems that the connector on the board has come out.

so instead of the the hard drive connector coming out, the connector on the motherboard itself has come out

fixing this would involve SMD and soldering equipment, flux

i would suggest that is you dont have expertise with fixing and removing SMD components, its would be best to get the component fixed through a computer repair store as there are small components on the board and repair should be done carefully so as to not affect other components

i am listing below a link that shows how to mount and SMD. its not specifically for the connector that has come out on your PC but gives an overview of the process to be followed.

Since you asked for an image/video, i am listing the link below just for reference

http://www.instructables.com/id/Soldering-and-Desoldering-Surface-Mount-Components/

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. let me know if you have any questions.

Please provide a rating for the answer provided by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page.

michelleclive
michelleclive
michelleclive