Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Can you help with a Dragon Touch product? i10X, a year or…

Customer Question
Can you help with...

Can you help with a Dragon Touch product?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I10X, a year or so

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A few days. Can't trouble shoot, it just will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I've had it plugged in via the DC plug and the mini USB for a couple days now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Laptop
9/16/2017
Laptop technician: Kris R, IT Manager replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

A couple days

What's the issue you're having?

Secure connection not possible. I'm contacting you via my desktop computer. I can't contact from the tablet cause it won't turn on.

Is the issue with Dragon or is it the tablet not turning on?

I keep holding down the on button on my Dragon Touch tablet. It does not turn on. I have had it charging from my desktop for a couple days now. The red light does not go out. There is no reset on the tablet.

Can you give me the serial please?

I think this is it, it was on a sticker on the back to be removed and saved:
HTPWV2IT20160301500328

Have you tried a different charging cable and adapter, as this is a power issue that's your only option at this stage

I tried charging via the DC port as well as the mini-USB port

OK so your tablet has a hardware failure sorry!

How much did it cost?

A couple hundred. I googled the problem, some described removing the battery and plugging it back in.

Hold on? You can take the battery out?

I've maybe got the wrong unit, the one I am looking at you cant. Can you give me the full number?

That was the full number and model, no instructions were offered as to how to do that. There is no clear entry point like on a camera or something. I think it might be like removing the battery from an iPhone, there is a tool you can buy to crack the side open for the more mechanically adventurous.

Ok I get you. Could it be returned as there is no serial on the outside you could maybe get it RMA's?

OK, sounds like bot***** *****ne is there is no trick you know as a work around for the on button having no effect. I have another, previously purchased Dragon Touch, a much cheaper model. That one has a convenient reset thing, a small hole you stick the end of a paper clip into. Every time that one has not activated the reset has made everything right. Not so lucky then with this higher end Windows 10 version?

Looking at the manual and there seems to be no manual hard reset on it. The power button can be hold for 30 seconds and this will hard reset it