Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

My surface RT tablet has closed down due to an error( also

Customer Question

My surface RT tablet has closed down due to an error( also broken charger which I have now replaced) once charged now showing Bitlocker and asks me to enter recovery key to get going again.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: sorry did not finish, tells me how to retrieve the recovery key by using another PC--right I typed into Chrome the htpp // message and up comes this HUGE number of messages about recovery keys , I am unable to access the info I need because every time i open a likely site a dozen more sites come up. its blowing my mind!! surface RT 016812340352 64Gb are the numbers on back of the tablet. I appreciate your help before I go demented!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: in my Main PC? automatic weekly
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you just need to get into my tablet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I followed the instructions on the tablet and put in the http//Microsoft.windows.com/recovery key to search; dozens of sites came up and when I tried any of them I got dozens more sites, none of which will open and allow me to put in the id key; I am totally confused by what should be a simple job!
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris