Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My acer predator 15 had an hardware malfunction and after

Customer Question

Hello, My acer predator 15 had an hardware malfunction and after reinstalling windows 10 there are a few things missings. So if I factory reset my computer (through acer care center) will it give me all the applications that was on the computer when I first opened it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its an Acer Predator 15.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 8 months.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The problem started about 4 days ago. I then reinstalled windows 10 which solved the first problem but made new ones.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. To answer your question, YES, doing a factory reset or factory restore will restore your computer to its out-of-the-box state. This is done and possible because there is a hidden recovery partition in your computer's hard drive and this recovery partition is the exact image of the computer when it was new. So when factory reset is successful, you will have your computer in its brand new state.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess