Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I own an ASUS eee pc which came with windows 7 starter. The…

Customer Question
I own an ASUS...

I own an ASUS eee pc which came with windows 7 starter. The hard drive crashed (booted to CMOS) and I replaced it with a 250 G SSD. For time being running Zorin version of Linux but software limitation prompt me to try and get Windows 7 starter running again. Linux reports a 32 bit system with an Atom 1.6 quad core. How can i get Windows 7 starter copy? The netbook did not come with recovery or system disc.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?

May i get back to you? I am at an area where the ASUS is not available. Waiting for a tire repair!

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not for Windows as I am running Linux. i have installed Zorin (ubuntu version of Linux updates but no problem overwriting it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not home right now, but if you think you should connect me now fine, if not i can write back-I appreciate and admire this helpline.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Laptop
9/8/2017
Laptop technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

On the bottom of the laptop do you see a product key for windows?