Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Just recently, it's become very difficult to remove the

Just recently, it's become very...
Just recently, it's become very difficult to remove the battery from my HP Envy 17t k000 notebook. After unlocking the lock tabe, I need to use a tool to force the release tab into position. Once installed, the battery appears seated normally, and powers the laptop correctly.
8/21/2017
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager

My name is David.

Remove the battery and examine it closely for areas of swelling. Certain batteries will swell up as they get older causing them to not fit well in the computer chassis. If the battery performance has also degraded and there is swelling I would recommend getting a new battery as swelling could also cause damage to your computer.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.

syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager
Thank you David.
syseng
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager