Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I set my laptop to boot in safe mode and now I can't get

Customer Question

I set my laptop to boot in safe mode and now I can't get back in. I tried Microsoft password, my regular pin andI did the reset and shift key and all the options it brings up is requiring me to enter the password. What can I do now?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP and Windows 10....not at home and don't have model number. Extremely low end if that helps...
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I did about a week ago, but feel like I have had a virus and did a malicious software tool scan and it caught 3. I didn't run scan in safe mode was going to run MBAM in safe mode to double check. I can't even do sys restore
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

Try to log back in for me. Skip only battery portion if it doesnt apply to your model.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm actually at work and will be off in an half hour. Can I get you back from home?

Sure can. Just reply here when ready.