Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

My Samsung Notebook (model NP540U3C-A01UB) was working fine

My Samsung Notebook (model NP540U3C-A01UB) was working fine the past year with Windows 10. Last month, after an automatic upgrade of the lastest Windows 10 my laptop stopped working in extended desk top mode... it stopped communicating with my external monitor. I purchased a new monitor yesterday and still does not work.
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: NO Purchased it Feb/Mar 2013
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For nearly a month... ever since the automatic upgrade occurred
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did find going through the Device Manager that the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 has a problem with Windows. It states the following "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)" My guess is that the graphics card drivers need updated
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When can I expect a response?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to leave my office for some appointments... please call when you're really to help me
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is my cell number

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i'm currently outside my office... let me know and I can get back there in 10min

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6b82e10f-7df9-40b6-9e36-3f4ace713333

Here is the link for the remote support. I'll give you a call while you start the connection.

Ok, just let me know when you're ready and I can give you a call.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it will be about 10 min before I'm back at my laptop... is that ok?

That works for me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok... I'm back at my laptop

Ok, click on the link below and start the Screen Connect client.