Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I would like to factory set my toshiba c55t-a, Windows 7, No

Customer Question

I would like to factory set my toshiba c55t-a
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your C55T-A?
Customer: Windows 7
JA: What have you tried so far with your C55T-A? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No it has not been used in ages so want to factory set and sell to someone
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tried 0, f1, and f11 to bring up recovery but did not work
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Please follow the following steps published by Toshiba on how to perform factory reset of your laptop.

1. Make sure the device is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
  2. Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
  3. Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
  4. Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. This means that you need to press and hold the 0- (zero) key and keep it pressed, then press the power button to turn ON the laptop. Release it ONLY when the recovery warning screen appears.
  5. If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
  6. A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
  7. Click Yes to continue.
  8. When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
  9. Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess