Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I bought a Lenovo Edge 2-1580 some time ago that has always…

Customer Question
I bought a Lenovo...

I bought a Lenovo Edge 2-1580 some time ago that has always had problems where the screen goes black, like in sleep mode. There is no other way to restart it other than do a hard shut down and restart. Anything not saved is lost. Have done BIOS update, have shut off sleep mode, have done a complete reset, all recommended by Lenovo technical people and their community forum. The problem persists.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

Windows 10, but it is not a think pad.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

As I said I did a total reset to factory settings wiping everything out. What would I reboot?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

After the reset, the SD card slot stopped working.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
Laptop technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer. Can you please let me know how old the laptop is and if you have upgraded the RAM or memory? Please type in the box below.

Thanks,

Kumar