Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I bought a Lenovo Edge 2-1580 some time ago that has always

Customer Question

I bought a Lenovo Edge 2-1580 some time ago that has always had problems where the screen goes black, like in sleep mode. There is no other way to restart it other than do a hard shut down and restart. Anything not saved is lost. Have done BIOS update, have shut off sleep mode, have done a complete reset, all recommended by Lenovo technical people and their community forum. The problem persists.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?
Customer: Windows 10, but it is not a think pad.
JA: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?
Customer: As I said I did a total reset to factory settings wiping everything out. What would I reboot?
JA: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: After the reset, the SD card slot stopped working.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer. Can you please let me know how old the laptop is and if you have upgraded the RAM or memory? Please type in the box below.

Thanks,

Kumar