Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I have a surface pro computer. Yesterday i used it to video

Customer Question

I have a surface pro computer. Yesterday i used it to video my granddaughter. I closed it and hit the turn off button, because I was having a problem with the foto use. I thought the battery was low. I left it pluged in for a while and tried to turn it on ...no result. So I left it pluged in overnight. I still can not turn it on. The light on the front is on and has been on the while time.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a Surface pro 4 with extra gigabites... I just bought it 3 months ago.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I don't think so. but new updates are sent.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not very litterate with this computer and have had 2 micrsoft tutorials to get started.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

1. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
  2. Press and hold volume-up button and the power button at the same time, for at least 15 seconds (The screen may flash the Surface logo before 15 seconds, but don’t release the buttons)
  3. After you release the buttons, wait for 10 seconds
  4. Press and release the power button again, and your Surface will be turned on again

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me