Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I need help to get into my hp laptop. I need to change the…

Customer Question
I need help to get...
I need help to get into my hp laptop. I need to change the name and the password. The pass word I don't remember. I have a different account name. I haven't used that computer for that reason. The one I've been using I inadvertently deleted the files, Now I need to use my HP but I can't.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Laptop
8/2/2017
Laptop technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. Do you happen to know which version of Windows in on the HP Laptop? Or do you have any other Operating System installed?

Thanks,

Kumar

Windows 8
I just paid $47. What did I get.

We haven't started anything. Just Answer is full of experts who can take care of the request. Please note your payment is safe with us. Let's see the issue.

Thanks,
Kumar

As you mentioned, you have a Windows 8 System.

Please use the recovery manager to get your system back.

1. Turn on the computer
  2. Hold down the ESC key
  3. Start up Menu should appear
  4. Select the Recovery Manager

Thanks,

Kumar

We now have a power outage on the island
Can't check anything out right now.

Okay.. No issue Lorene. Once you get an opportunity, please try the above. Please do let me know in case you need any assistance.

Thanks,

Kumar

Power is back on. Key didn't work. Microsoft says that account is not valid.

Hello Lorene,

Do you happen to have the recovery disk that comes with the laptop? Did you try the below mentioned step ?

1. Turn on the computer
  2. Hold down the ESC key
  3. Start up Menu should appear
  4. Select the Recovery Manager

Thanks,

Kumar