Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

Suddenly, part of my digit key pad stopped working, I run

Customer Question

Hi, Suddenly, part of my digit key pad stopped working
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: I run window 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I could not find any solution I have factory reset my whole conputer but nothing changed
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Precisely what part of the digit key pad stopped working, please? a little more detail might help me solve the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Only the key *-+ are still working
The NUM LOCK is inactive
Page Up and Down on key 9 and 3 are working but not the digit itself

OK... it sounds as if you're referencing the number-and-so-forth keypad, usually to the right on keyboards.

9 and 3 are PgUp and PgDn respectively, yes, on number keypads. So it sounds as if NumLock is basically in the wrong state, perhaps.

But you say NumLock doesn't work either? try pressing it just once, period, then testing the number keypad keys again.