Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I've a vertical dotted line on my laptop, asus n552vx

Customer Question
I've a vertical dotted white...
I've a vertical dotted white line on my laptop
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: asus n552vx running on windws 10
JA: What's the model of your Asus?
Customer: N552VX
JA: When did you purchase your Asus? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 5 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: restarted in a safe mode, downloaded latest drivers
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
7/24/2017
Laptop technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 4 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, this is a symptom of dead pixels. What that means is that your screen LCD is beginining to go bad.

Thank you very much but how it can be if the system is less than 5 months hold?
 replied 4 months ago

Hardware can fail even when just out of the box, what I would do is discuss this problem with the manufactur or the location where you purchased the machine. They may offer a replacement

replied 4 months ago

Hi, please rate this positively so that I may close the ticket.

Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

Just double check if you see the exact same symptom when then laptop is powered up with Asus logo on black background, then during Windows is loaded and then when Windows is in use?

bbao
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User