Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Touch pad no longer works, it is a sony vaio NW series,

Customer Question

touch pad no longer works
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is a sony vaio NW series
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked that Enable is on for pointing and just started not working the other day. I can use a wireless mouse
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also tried the function key and F1
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery (if it is removable) from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
Then, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>