Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I have forgotten my password for my Windows 8 Toshiba

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** my Windows 8 Toshiba laptop. How can I recover it or bypass it to be able to log in to my computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Satelite C855D-S5105 and windows 8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not used this in about 6 months and I have forgotten my password
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thank you
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Samuel Kresslein replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Do you use a local account to log in or a Microsoft account?

If you are using a Microsoft account, you can reset the password *****

An option you were given when you first bought your computer or installed Windows 8 was to sign up for a Microsoft account or sign in with your existing Microsoft account. One really big benefit of doing that is that it gives you an escape plan if you ever forget your Windows 8 password.