Jay D
Jay D, Laptop Repair Engineer
Experience:  Business Owner at LCS
46389206

I just got my laptop back from the police it was seized from

Customer Question

I just got my laptop back from the police it was seized from me back in 2013. Now when I try to turn it on it comes up with "Enter HDD/SSD password.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: It's a Toshiba satellite pro
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Windows 7 pro
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any trouble shooting at all and I don't remember anything about this laptop. I even forgot they had it
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thank you
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

That means that they have gone into the BIOS and entered a password ***** is stored on your hard drive and is required for the laptop to load up windows.

Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Please note that us experts work on a system, whereby I am only credited for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating. (you need to click on the stars at the top right of the page for this question on the www.justanswer.com website) I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating