Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My Lenovo Desktop will not allow me to type on it I am

Customer Question
typing on my laptop now...
My Lenovo Desktop will not allow me to type on it I am typing on my laptop now with my Lenovo keyboard plugged into my laptop so I know the keyboard is working
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?
Customer: c series
JA: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about four months ago tried turning the computer on and off again unplugging the keyboard from the back
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
I am on my laptop now not the Desk top and I can't type anything to connect on the Desktop
5/9/2017
Laptop technician: Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician replied 6 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

I can't connect on the Desktop as I can't type to connect

Are you facing the problem on desktop or laptop?

Desktop

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Go to Control Panel - Open Device manager - Search for the keyboard - Right click and uninstall the driver - again right click and install the driver.

I can't log on as I can't type so I can't get to the Control Panel

Windows You are running on it?

Windows yes

7 , 8 or 10?

Whatever the latest Windows is that PC World would have installed in December

Do you see any other options on the screen?

It's just the log in screen
  1. Restart the computer ,Immediately after the computer is restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.

2. After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.

3. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press ENTER.
Ok. I will try this. It will take a few minutes and I will let you know what happens

Okay

Ok. Nothing happening

Have you tried using other keyboard?

I have

Change the port and then check.

Already done that

Unfortunately, i've run out of ideas, i will opt out and open your question to other experts.

Ok. Fair enough
Laptop technician: Jay D, Laptop Repair Engineer replied 6 months ago
Jay D
Jay D, Laptop Repair Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

please restart the computer and keep tapping the esc key as soon as you press the power button. let me know if anything happens.

Laptop technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Restart your computer and check the keyboard LED status carefully. Are the LEDs on keyboard flashing three times? Am I right that you are using a USB wired keyboard and not a wireless keyboard?

Regards
Jins

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer