Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I have a Lenovo Laptop Type 20AV-CT01WW, S/N R9-0JEEYS that

Customer Question

Hello,! I have a Lenovo Laptop Type 20AV-CT01WW, S/N R9-0JEEYS that I customed oredered with Windows 7.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: The model # is L540 ----- I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am trying to install Windows 10 from a Microsoft flashdrive. When I change turn the machine on to boot from USB, I go through the Setup and am instructed to remove the flash drive and shutdown the machine. Then turn the machine on agan and the installation will continue. This does not occur. Windows 7 boots up.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The default OS for this machine was WIN10 but I elected to purchase it with WIN7. Now I want to install WIN10. I have never used this machine.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ok, so your machine had Windows 10 installed originally but was downgraded when you custom ordered it.

So all you have to do is do a factory restore on it.