Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba workforce laptop, I want to download on a…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba workforce laptop, I want to download on a different computer to a disc that will completely reset my Toshiba to factory settings by inserting the disc. MY Toshiba wont boot up it constantly goes to some program language and stops there

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?

Satellite c55 series it came with windows 8 but I upgraded to windows 10.However I'm fine with going back to window 8

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yes the last update several months ago is when this problem occurred. I have since replace that laptop with the one I'm on now. I purchased a repair disk somewhere online but it isn't fixing it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Just how do I completely restore to factory settings on my toshiba

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
4/1/2017
Laptop technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

On the non working toshiba, lets try this.

Shut the computer down, then press and hold the zero key, above the keyboard, not the zero key to the right.

Once holding the zero key press power to start the toshiba, and dont let go of the zero key. Does it show something different on screen now?

If not, or even if so if you would like to speak to me over the phone please send your phone number in the enter contact info section so we can speak over the phone.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some how, I don't know how, the repair disk I have in the Toshiba has allowed me to get my Toshiba working, I still want to completely reset it to factory settings, now that's it on and online, is there a way to just use the Toshiba and reset it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why you charging me more on my card you haven't done anything to solve my problem