Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a toshiba satellite that I accidentally hit had reset…

Customer Question
I have a toshiba satellite...
I have a toshiba satellite that I accidentally hit had reset and I have no idea where the password ***** Is there anyway to find it? I have model and serial number.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
3/21/2017
Laptop technician: Mr.Med, laptop problems replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, laptop problems

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, What is the model of your Toshiba laptop ? and what windows OS are you running 7,8 or windows 10 ?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The model is a satellite c55d-b5319 it is windows 8

If you use a Microsoft email to login to your computer, try to Use the Password ***** Tool for Microsoft Live Accounts https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx There you’ll find three choices, click “I Forgot My Password” selection then next and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you don't use a Microsoft email then please follow the steps below :

Note : Restoring will overwrite your hard drive. Ensure to back up all your important data before the system recovery.

1. Restart the computer and repeatedly press < F9 > during bootup.
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
3. Select the language you want to recover and click Next.
4. Select a partition option and click Next.

Partition options:

Recover Windows to first partition only.
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD.

This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

If you are not able to do that, you may have to use the recovery disc. If you have the recovery disc, please follow the instructions below :

1. Insert the Recovery DVD into the optical drive. Your Notebook needs to be powered ON.
2. Restart the laptop. Press ESC when you see the "computer brand logo" and then select the optical drive (may be labeled as "CD/DVD") from ODD. Press [Enter] to boot from the Recovery DVD.
3. Select OK to start to restore the image.
4. Select OK to confirm the system recovery.

Restoring will overwrite your hard drive. Ensure to back up all your important data before the system recovery.

If you are not able to do the recovey, or you do not have the recovery disc, please do the following :

Go to this website : http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ scroll down and download the file name Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip (Make sure you unzip this file) then burn this file into a blank DVD, to do this, you can use imgburn software www.imgburn.com, insert the Disk then follow the step by step instructions in this tutorial video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYv1H6-E98

Thank you

Has everything worked out please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it does not work. Please cancel the services. Thank you
Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, laptop problems