Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

My Toshiba satellite 10 screen does not come on! Windows 10.

Customer Question

my Toshiba satellite 10 screen does not come on!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10. Satellile S55-c5274
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only updates are the automatic ones that come without asking. Tried removing and then reinstalling the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This laptop is my daughters computer and the message I am sending is on a separaate laptop also a Toshiba . My daughter first had trouble a few days ago when the laptop would not accept her pass word. She is at work and I do not know her password. She got it to work then by removing and reinstalling the battery.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please disconnect the power cable from the Laptop then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable, power it on and tell me please if it then starts correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you