Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I got a new PC for Christmas.. I'm trying to get my e-mail

Customer Question

I got a new PC for Christmas.. I'm trying to get my e-mail (att.net) to the new computer but it won't "sync"? What am I not doing? I'm lost.....
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: HP/2000? Laptop I bought it in 2013
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about a week.. I've tried off and on... logged on to exact account-
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's supposed to just sync.. at least that's what I thought. It synced without an issue to my work e-mail...
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
okay,can you tell me how to fix this??
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

To confirm, did you add your att.net e-mail account to a desktop e-mail program that came with the computer - called Mail, or you used another e-mail program?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my att.net account was already connected to my outlook account(Microsoft) and all my emails are connectwd toe outlook account. I am on the same outlook account on a new computer. My problem is syncing. why would I have to relog into my att account(which I have lost access too) when it is already hooked up to my Microsoft email??
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

It looks like you are using the Mail program that came with Windows 10. May I know if you have recently changed the password ***** your att.net e-mail account?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I changed it trying to get into my e-mail but I put it back to what it was before I started.... so it is the same password.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

OK. Please check if you can access the att.net web mail interface with a web browser by going to this web page:

http://att.yahoo.com/mail

There sign in to your att.net e-mail account. Let me know if you could sign in, and if you could see the e-mails.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****!!