Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Hp laptop model 15-ay039wm, will not take org. password to

Customer Question

hp laptop model 15-ay039wm, will not take org. password ***** log on, did not save
password ***** scan disk. want to reset.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you using the same password?

Is this a new laptop? Does it have Windows 7 or 8 or 10?

Are the CAPS lock and NUM lock keys turned On or Off on your computer's keyboard?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
windows 10, caps and num locks are off.

Thank you. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
a new comp.

Thank you. Please try the first solution below:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshooting option when trying the above steps?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Great. Please continue with the option Troubleshoot -> Reset PC and when prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Please let me know what it shows next. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do not want a pass word to sign on to windows.

OK, when it's done resetting it will let you set up the computer again. Use the Local account option if shown; Windows 10 security might force you to use password, but you can set up a password ***** want once it's done resetting. Is it doing the reset process now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
don't want to use a password ***** log on.

OK. I will continue to help you. What's showing on your HP laptop now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
will recover pc to org. settings to not use password
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do so.

It will ask you to set up a Microsoft account, then select the option not to use a Microsoft account, and/or select the option to use Local account, and do not enter a password ***** it lets you. If it forces you to set up password, then enter a password ***** want and write it down. Then let me know; I will show you the next step on how to disable the password.

- What's currently showing on your HP laptop now?

Please let me know. Thank you,

The recovery / reset process should be finished by now. Are you able to use your HP Windows 10 laptop now? Or is there still any issue and/or do you need help with anything else?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been about a week. Is your computer working fine now?

Do you still need help with this issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?

If there is still any issue, or if you have any further question, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further.

If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,