Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Toshiba laptop and my son has one identical. On my

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba laptop and my son has one identical. On my internet service
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: comcast.net I don;t see anything bot Satellite and harman/kardon on my computer. Not since he was over here on Christmas and his computor was fast. Mine I have to wire it direct to get any internet
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I kust want to know if something is wrong with my computor to cause the problem
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the first thing to check is your Wireless light. Make sure it is green, not red. On many Toshiba laptops, you have a switch, sliding switch, next to the wireless indicator... in one position, wireless won't work. In the other position, it will (and the wireless light changes color to match.)

Does that help, is that the problem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My son got fast reception on any programs and mine had to be wired to get any service. I do have wi fi but for some reason my computor will not p
get any thing and his does
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no. I will just have to take it to a technison. Thanks

OK. That might be best, ***** ***** case is difficult and you have priorities of time and/or of preference.

Thank you for trying JustAnswer.com. Good luck with the laptop's wireless.