Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

Are you real? Okay. I have a Toshiba laptop that is hooked

Customer Question

Are you real?
JA: No. I'm the Laptop Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Okay. I have a Toshiba laptop that is hooked up to a TV. It worked before but today the WIFI stopped working for some reason. I can't figure out why. This was true in two different locations as well. In both cases, it said I was hooked up to wifi but could not access the internet. I don't understand what the problem is.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Where do I get model number. I bought it three years ago. It's windows but not sure if it's 8 or 10, I think 10. How can I check those things.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No, I have not. No updates that is (unless they did them at night without telling me). I follow the troubleshooting directions and it ends up saying problem is not resolved. Before when I had this issue, the problem always got resolved. Now, no such luck.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Where can I find model number and windows version so I can tell them that.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. In the troubleshooting that you mentioned, did it tell you what was the problem?

Also, do you have another device connected to the same wifi but has internet connection? (you said the laptop was connected but there is no internet access)
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess