Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I bought this laptop with win 10 on it, but it became

Customer Question

I bought this laptop with win 10 on it, but it became necessary to go to factory restore and it came up win 8.1. Now I cannot get 10 back on it.....can you help me with this Nancy
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: it is a Toshiba satellite and it came with 10 on it but when I had to to factory restore it went to 8.1 and I cannot get 10 on it again
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried everything and it will not download 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Right now I cannot think of anything...I just want my 10 back
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

The problem with getting windows 10 back on the machine is that they stopped publicly giving windows 10 away for free in July.

However, I do know a few methods that will work. The question now is how do we proceed. I can either connect to your computer and make sure the machine is set and ready to upgrade to windows 10, and then manually start the upgrade for you , on screen directly.

Or, I can guide you through the process via written communication alone.. How would you like to proceed?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.