Kris R
Kris R, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager
94743361

Just called and talk to tech on getting a recovery disk for

Customer Question

just called and talk to tech on getting a recovery disk for my lap top sn: # 89649558q and she said my case # ***** I went to recovery.toshiba.com with no luck. She said the last four # of the part was T038, it's the operating system, windows vista home basic. she also said the only cost would be shipping. Can you help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite L305, Windows vista home basic.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took it in and they fine tuned it and increased the ram from 2gb to 4gm and said if re-installed my operating system it would run like a top.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just she said the operating system was not available as a down load and be sent by disk.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

You're looking for a recovery disk for a Toshiba Satellite L305 correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

What operating system would this be?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I just want the Disk as your tech said paid for it once and all I have to pay is shipping.
Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

We are not affiliated with Toshiba. We are a 3rdparty support company for IT issues.

Please call 1(###) ###-####(Direct line to Toshiba) and give them the case number ***** they will send it out. Sorry for the miss-understanding.

I've activated the rate box above please rate me so I get credit for helping.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've already not payment on my card. I'll rate you after your reply?
Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

We are not affiliated with Toshiba and I will be not available to access your account. I think you are in the wrong place. Sorry.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've already stop payment on my card. I'll rate you after your reply?
Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure what you are asking?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not asking anything, I thought you were with Toshiba, I'm not paying for our conversation.