Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

When go to windows just have purple screen

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to use your Windows computer now despite the problem?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No whe we click on the windows icon in the lower left it goes to the purple screen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

So are you saying that your computer still boots fine, but when you click on the Start button, or the Microsoft windows logo, the screen freezes and you cannot do anything further?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I just noticed if I hit at eBay icon I can get onto windows but I cannot as soon as I hit the windows icon it goes to that purple screen and I have to use alt control delete to get back
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you using Windows 8 or 10?

When you are using either Windows 8 or 10, please click on the Search box (Cortana) near the Windows icon and try to type the name of the program that you want to open. Wait for few seconds then see if such program appears. When it does, click on it, see if it loads normally.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't see a search button by the windows button
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Ok, so you might be using Windows 8. Now, to do the search, minimize all open windows to see the desktop screen. When you are viewing the desktop screen without any program window open, just type your search and it will bring you the search box on the right side. Give it a try