Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

We have a Flight which we use as a register with a digital

Customer Question

We have a Flight which we use as a register with a digital persona 4500 fingerprint reader. The Flight is windows 8.1. We can't get the reader to work with our POS software. We use the digital persona 4500 with other Toshiba registers running windows 7.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: 6183-25d
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this is the first time we installed the digital persona so it has never worked with this device
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, my name is***** want to make sure I understand what's going on correctly, so I have a few questions first.

1. What POS software are you using?
  2. You say the Digital Personal 4500 works with other Toshiba registers that run Windows 7. But those are not Flight registers, correct? And it's not working on the Flight, which is running Windows 8.1?