Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. When I started it up, it

Customer Question
would not restart. The screen...
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. When I started it up, it would not restart. The screen came up and stated:
Automatic Repair
Your PC did not start correctly
Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press" Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC
I have done both multiple times and neither worked. What can I do or can you assist
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2016
Laptop technician: Mr.Med, laptop problems replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, laptop problems

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, what is your windows OS version ? (7,8 or windows 10)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you try to fix first? I cannot even get on my computer so how could you possibly access it?

When did this start and do you have a the windows 7 installation disc please?

You are referring to the automated offer from our system. There is no way to remote into your windows computer
I am sorry for any confusion.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just got home from a trip and will go up to my office to see if I have the disc. I had shut my laptop down and taken it to my daughters last weekend before I left then when I got home and rebooted it started doing this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no windows 7 disc. It came installed when I bought it

Ok, hold on please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there? I have everything backed up on the Toshiba computer. Can you assist and aware of what this is and can help fix?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello? I can't wait much longer, can you please respond?

Step 1 : Boot your computer in safe mode :

To begin entering Windows 7 Safe Mode, turn on or restart your PC and Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

from the Advanced Boot option, use the arrow keys and select safe mode

Stepe 2 : Restore Your Windows 7 computer :

1-Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools program group.

2-Click on the System Restore program icon.

3-Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.

4-Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not letting me get into safe mode. Can we discuss on the phone and walk me through it?

What is the model of your Toshiba laptop please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Satellite L775D-S7226 <ES5.0>

I'm sorry for delay in replying, Please turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with text or after the Toshiba logo disappears, press and release key F8 repeatedly until the advanced boot menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier).

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will trying to reset the PC to keep existing files hurt anything? I tried to do that from advanced settings when this happened and it would not allow. I just tried it again and it is allowing. I can stop it and do what you just suggested. Please advise

Do you have a backup please? because Any unsaved data will be lost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it is on this laptop
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My computer is stating what failed is SYMNET.SYS

Please restart it again and try to boot into safe mode

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Stop Code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I keep rebooting it and trying to go to safe mode. It keeps trying to repair itself and giving me that information. It offers F12 for Boot menu but nothing about safe mode. I hit F8 one time and have done it multiple times as you have stated. Nothing

I fear I am not making progress with this case, so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets. If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate you trying to help but I should not have to pay the full amount since it was not resolved. How does this need to be managed?

Do you still need help please ? if yes can tell me if you have windows 7 disc with you

Thank yo

Note : The entire charge is completely refundable, if we cant fix the issue.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer