Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

My touch pad will not oprate, Acer Laptop windows ten serial

Customer Question

My touch pad will not oprate
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Acer Laptop windows ten serial number on unit isNXM0GAA001451152907600
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: iT STOPPRD WORKING A BOUT A WEEK AGO yesterday I installed The Windows 10 update I took it in to Best Buy where I bought it but due to renovation work He could not do much and suggested that I run windows update to see if it reinstalled the driver
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: do not Know looks like you have connected
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Try going back to an earlier time using system restore first please>

Restore from a system restore point

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Note

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

Let me know how it goes please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
cannot find closest is system and security and it says there is no back up looked at secure connect and will pass past experience with this is less than satisfactory will take the unit back to Best buy and let them fix this sine I have already paid them for Geek squad

okay,

Please let me know if you need any other assistance,