Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a satellite L775 and my USB sleep and charge utility

Customer Question

I have a satellite L775 and my USB sleep and charge utility stopped working. when I start the program on my laptop it says it cant get information from the program, when I click on OK it opens the sleep utility but wont let me choose any of the options.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

When was the last time you remember this worked correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about three months ago
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.. I need the full model number of your Toshiba so we can fix this issue..

Please look on the back or bottom and locate the full model number after L775

T hank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
L775D S7332
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Allright, First . Go to your control panel, programs, uninstall a program.

And uninstall the sleep utility. Then, go to this page

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3132759

And download and install the Toshiba value added package from the drivers section, TVAP.

Make sure you open it and install it, not just download it.. Once the install is complete, restart the computer.

Then, go back to this page http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3132759

And from the driver / utility section.. Click show more and download the sleep utility

Once downloaded and installed, restart the computer one more time and the issue should be fixed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you after you read my response? Did you still need help with this issue, if so please respond. Otherwise please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, and to close out the question.

Dustin S